The Consumer Product Safety Commission in cooperation with Firewood of Wellesley, Mass has voluntarily issued a recall of their vaporizers. An electrical shock can occur in the vaporizer, posing a fire hazard.
This recall involves all Firewood 4 vaporizers. The vaporizers measures 2” wide by 3 1/2” tall by 7/8” thick and have a sliding battery compartment cover. The body and battery cover of the vaporizers are wooden and were sold finished or unfinished.The Firewood logo is printed on the bottom of the vaporizers.
Approximately 400 units were sold exclusively at Firewoodvapes.com from October 2016 through June 2017 for between $135 and $185.
The firm has received one report of an electrical short that allowed the vaporizer battery to vent and catch fire. No injuries have been reported.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled vaporizers and contact Firewood to receive a free repair.
For more information, please visit:www.firewoodvapes.com and click on “Safety Recall.”
The Consumer Product Safety Commission in cooperation with Fred’s Stores of Tennessee, Inc. of Memphis, TN has voluntarily issued a recall of the Mini barrel charcoal grills. The exterior paint on the grill can ignite, posing a fire hazard.
This recall involves Living Traditions mini barrel charcoal grills. The black steel grills measure about 18” by 15” x 18 1/2”.They have a black handle on the lid and one on each side, and at the front a heat gauge and a silver latch. Model number SXB1501 and UPC code 00000 19877 are printed on the product’s packaging.
The grills were sold at Fred’s stores in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas from January 2017 through June 2017 for about $22.
Fred’s has received two reports of paint on the exterior of the grill igniting. No injuries or property damage has been reported.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled product and return the grill to any Fred’s Store for a full refund.
For more information, please visit: www.fredsinc.com and click on “Recall Information”.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission in cooperation with Gamewell-FCI of Northford, CT has voluntarily issued a recall of the Gamewell-FCI fire alarm panels (ILI-MB-E3 and ILI-S-E3).When configured in a certain way, the panels can become non-responsive and connected detectors in the area can fail to detect and respond to an alarm. Approximately 1,000 units were sold at authorized distributors from May 2015 through August 2015 for about $800.
This recall is for the ILI-MB-E3 and ILI-S-E3 Gamewell-FCI fire alarm panels in commercial buildings. This issue is limited to a specific configuration of Signaling Line Circuit (SLC) devices. To occur, the SLC must include at least two of the following detectors in any combination: Acclimate, 4-Warn, Photo/CO and iFAAST. The issue would occur only if the detectors are addressed within the same FlashScan polling group. Detectors installed in a different combination are not affected. No incidents or injuries have been reported.
Consumers should immediately contact the distributor to obtain a free repair, a firmware upgrade.
For more information, please visit www.gamewell.com and click on “Safety Recall.”
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission in cooperation with Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. of Irvine, California has voluntarily issued a recall of the Panasonic battery packs used in Toshiba laptop computers. The lithium-ion battery packs can overheat, posing a burn and fire hazards to consumers. Approximately 91,000 (in addition to 10,000 were sold in Canada) at Office Depot, Staples, and other electronics stores nationwide, and online at Toshibadirect.com and other websites from June 2011 through January 2016 for between $500 and $1,000 for the laptop and between $70 and $130 for the battery pack.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission in cooperation with Illume of Bloomington, Minnesota has voluntarily recalled the “Love Today” ceramic mug. The mugs were mislabeled as microwave safe. If microwaved, the metallic print on the mug can spark, posing a fire hazard. Approximately 12,500 mugs were sold nationwide at Target Stores and online at www.target.com between December 2015 and January 2016 for about $8.00.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission in cooperation with CE North America LLC, of Miami, Florida has voluntarily issued an expanded recall on the KUL fan heaters. The fan heaters can overheat, posing a fire hazard. Approximately 8,500 units were sold exclusively at H-E-B grocery stores in Texas from September 2015 through December 2015 for about $15.00.28,000 units were recalled in February 2016.
This recall involves KUL small, white portable fan heaters. The KUL logo is printed on the front bottom of the heaters next to the power dial. The fan heater measures about 9 inches long by 5 inches wide by 10.5 inches tall. The fans weigh about two pounds. An adhesive label is on the bottom of the heater with model number "KU39221" and "Date: 0715" in the lower right-hand corner. KUL black units were involved in the previous recall.
CE North America has received one consumer report of the fan heaters overheating and catching on fire. No injuries or property damage have been reported.
Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled fan heaters and contact CE North America for instructions on returning the recalled heaters with a prepaid shipping label. The firm will issue a refund check upon receipt of the returned fan heaters.
For more information, please visit: www.cemglobal.com and click on “Product Recall” link at the bottom of the page.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission in cooperation with Ambient Weather has issued a voluntary recall of approximately 57.-000 (in addition to the 12,500 that were called in August 2015) Ambient Weather radios.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission in cooperation with Viessmann Manufacturing Co. (US) Inc. of Warwick, RI has voluntarily issued a recall of their gas boilers. The boiler can overheat and emit flue gases into the venting system and carbon monoxide can leak throughout the structure, posing a fire and carbon monoxide hazard to consumers.