Product Recalls

Gamewell-FCI Recalls Fire Alarms

By Whitemore Fire Consultants | Apr 05, 2016

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission in cooperation with Gamewell-FCI of Northford, CT has voluntarily issued a recall of the Gamewell-FCI fire alarm panels (ILI-MB-E3 and ILI-S-E3).When configured in a certain way, the panels can become non-responsive and connected detectors in the area can fail to detect and respond to an alarm. Approximately 1,000 units were sold at authorized distributors from May 2015 through August 2015 for about $800.

This recall is for the ILI-MB-E3 and ILI-S-E3 Gamewell-FCI fire alarm panels in commercial buildings. This issue is limited to a specific configuration of Signaling Line Circuit (SLC) devices. To occur, the SLC must include at least two of the following detectors in any combination: Acclimate, 4-Warn, Photo/CO and iFAAST. The issue would occur only if the detectors are addressed within the same FlashScan polling group. Detectors installed in a different combination are not affected. No incidents or injuries have been reported.

Consumers should immediately contact the distributor to obtain a free repair, a firmware upgrade.

For more information, please visit www.gamewell.com and click on “Safety Recall.”

 

 


Toshiba Recalls Laptop Computer Batteries

By Whitemore Fire Consultants | Apr 05, 2016

 


Franklin Fueling Recalls Gas Station Hoses/Swivels

By Whitemore Fire Consultants | Apr 05, 2016

 


Illume Recalls Valentine's Day-Themed Ceramic Mugs

By Whitemore Fire Consultants | Apr 04, 2016

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission in cooperation with Illume of Bloomington, Minnesota has voluntarily recalled the “Love Today” ceramic mug. The mugs were mislabeled as microwave safe. If microwaved, the metallic print on the mug can spark, posing a fire hazard.     Approximately 12,500 mugs were sold nationwide at Target Stores and online at www.target.com between December 2015 and January 2016 for about $8.00. 


CE North America Expands Fan Heaters Recall

By Whitemore Fire Consultants | Apr 04, 2016

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission in cooperation with CE North America LLC, of Miami, Florida has voluntarily issued an expanded recall on the KUL fan heaters. The fan heaters can overheat, posing a fire hazard.  Approximately 8,500 units were sold exclusively at H-E-B grocery stores in Texas from September 2015 through December 2015 for about $15.00.28,000 units were recalled in February 2016.

This recall involves KUL small, white portable fan heaters. The KUL logo is printed on the front bottom of the heaters next to the power dial. The fan heater measures about 9 inches long by 5 inches wide by 10.5 inches tall. The fans weigh about two pounds. An adhesive label is on the bottom of the heater with model number "KU39221" and "Date: 0715" in the lower right-hand corner. KUL black units were involved in the previous recall.

CE North America has received one consumer report of the fan heaters overheating and catching on fire. No injuries or property damage have been reported.

Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled fan heaters and contact CE North America for instructions on returning the recalled heaters with a prepaid shipping label. The firm will issue a refund check upon receipt of the returned fan heaters.

For more information, please visit: www.cemglobal.com and click on “Product Recall” link at the bottom of the page.

 

 


Ambient Weather Expands Recall

By Whitemore Fire Consultants | Apr 04, 2016

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission in cooperation with Ambient Weather has issued a voluntary recall of approximately 57.-000 (in addition to the 12,500 that were called in August 2015) Ambient Weather radios. 


Viessmann Recalls Gas Boilers

By Whitemore Fire Consultants | Apr 04, 2016

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission in cooperation with Viessmann Manufacturing Co. (US) Inc. of Warwick, RI has voluntarily issued a recall of their gas boilers. The boiler can overheat and emit flue gases into the venting system and carbon monoxide can leak throughout the structure, posing a fire and carbon monoxide hazard to consumers. 


Breville Recalls Pressure Cookers Due to Risk of Burns

By Whitemore Fire Consultants | Jan 15, 2016
 

Victorian Trading Company Recalls Tealight Holders

By Whitemore Fire Consultants | Jan 15, 2016
 

KTM North America Recalls Competition Off-Road Motorcycles

By Whitemore Fire Consultants | Jan 14, 2016